Molybdenum Mandrels are generally immediately available in most volumes, including bulk quantities. AEM can produce materials to custom specifications by request, in addition to custom compositions for commercial and research applications and new proprietary technologies. Molybdenum mandrel can be used for piercing seamless steel pipe such as stainless steel, drill steel and high temperature alloy steel.
Additional composition of molybdenum mandrels:
Ti: (0. 4~0. 55)%
Zr: (0. 06~0. 12)%
C: (0. 01~0. 04)%.
Chemical composition: This product is made with molybdenum powder FMo-1 with the addition of trace element.
Molybdenum Mandrel Characteristics
The high temperature molybdenum piercing mandrels have been developed by AEM. The R&D crafts include selecting and mixing raw materials which are compressed into embryos material, sintering in the intermediate frequency furnace in 1850-1950℃ and then turning molding. The average density of the products is more than 9.7g\cm³. Compared with the common molybdenum molybdenum piercing mandrels, the density improves 2%-6%, the vickers hardness reaches above 350kg\mm² and the abrasion resistance increases 60%-80%.
Molybdenum Mandrel Applications
1. Suitable for producing iron implantation parts
2. For producing electric light source parts and electric vacuum components
3. For producing heating elements and refractory parts in high temperature furnaces
4. Used in glass and glass fiber industry, it can serve a long life in melted glass liquid at 1300°C
5. Used as electrodes in the field of rare earth metal industry
6. Used for piercing seamless steel tubes, such as stainless steel, borer steel and high-temperature alloy steel, etc.
Molybdenum Mandrel Specifications
Our molybdenum mandrel is produced by shaping, sintering and mechanical processing.