AEM is a leading global provider of high-quality molybdenum rod products. We offer a large range of standard rod diameters ranging from .030″ to over 1.0″ that can be cut to size to customer-specified thickness, length, and surface finish. We also offer precision machining, threaded rod, and gun-drilled molybdenum rod. As with all of our materials, our rod begins as metal powder, pressed into ingots, sintered, and then swaged, and drawn down. Our advanced drawing / swaging process enables us to tailor the product to meet specific customer material and performance requirements to ensure optimal performance in your application.
Standard: ASTM B387
Molybdenum Rod Advantages
- High melting point.
- Low thermal expansion rate.
- High heat conductivity.
- Low vapor pressures.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
Molybdenum Rod Applications
- Suitable for producing ion implantation parts.
- Suitable for producing electric light source parts and electric vacuum components.
- Used as refractory parts in high-temperature furnaces.